Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The best day of my life...


I was feeling tired and bored today, but then I saw the news. The Earthquakes are coming back to The Bay!!!!! I honestly thought it'd be a few more years till I saw the colors again, but Garger (The MLS Comissioner) announced the news today. I can't wait, I'll be one of the first season tickets, no doubt.

Lew Wolff, managing partner of the Oakland Athletics (Go Giants!), bought the rights to the team colors, name, and frnachise when they moved to Houston and has been trying to get a team back ever since. He originally planned to build a new stadium for the San Jose State Spartans, but they couldn't agree on a revenue sharing scheme. He now will have the team play in "temporary" venues 'till a stadium is built right by my house (!) in 2010. Wow.




No comments: